Vegan Vegetable Roast with Sausages
This rainbow vegan vegetable roast with plant based sausages is a great dish to have on your Sunday dinner table. It’s cooked on the stove first to get that BBQ flavors flowing, then it’s transferred to the oven to further combine all the flavors.
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 potatoes, cubed
1 zucchini, sliced
1 eggplant, peeled and cubed
2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
2 large tomatoes, chopped
300g (4) vegan sausages, defrosted and cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 tsp hot red pepper powder*
1.5 tsp ground sweet red pepper
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs + more to sprinkle on top
Salt and pepper to taste
*omit the hot red pepper if you don’t like spicy food
1. Chop all vegetables (onions, garlic, potatoes, zucchini, eggplant, carrots, tomatoes).
2. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan and cook onions for about 2 minutes on medium heat. Add garlic and stir for about 1 more minute.
3. Add the rest of the vegetables (potatoes, zucchini, eggplant, carrots, tomatoes) and cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently so you don’t burn them.
4. Add spices (hot pepper, sweet pepper, salt, pepper, sugar, mixed herbs) and sausages, cut into bite-sized pieces, and transfer everything into a wide baking dish and put in the oven for about 15-20 min on 200 C/ 400 F. (Check after 15 minutes to see if it needs more time)
5. Sprinkle with mixed herbs before serving, it gives it a nice ‘herby’ kick.
Serve with a nice green salad on the side and some ketchup or vegan mayo.
Per serving: 345 kcal/ 12.4g fat / 45.34g carb / 10.62g prot